This workshop is open to artists ages 8 – 13. If you have a slightly younger or older artist who wants to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to make arrangements. REGISTRATION OPENS ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE WORKSHOP.
Date: July 25, 2020
Time: 10am – 12pm.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to sign in!
About composing the perfect photo:
Just like a painting or drawing, a good photograph has good composition! Composition is how the parts of an artwork, such as the colors or textures, work together to create an image. Artists will learn the essentials of good composition and will practice taking photos with whatever photo-taking device they have available. This workshop is for young artists who want to learn how to take better photos!
What to expect during the workshop:
Artists should arrive by 10am to check in and meet the workshop leaders. Parents/guardians are encouraged to drop off at 9:45 so they can complete the appropriate paperwork, if they have not done so already. Once everyone is settled in we will learn several key elements of photographic composition and will take photos using whatever photo taking device (cell phone or camera) the artist has available. Artists will receive group instruction as well as one on one time with the instructors. During the workshop, we will spend considerable time outdoors and on the trail system near the Big Sky Community Park, searching for good lighting, landscapes, and photo subjects. Please note that artists will need to bring their own camera, which can be anything that takes a photo! Cell phones, digital cameras, or disposable cameras will all work great. Please be sure that the camera or device is in good working order with charged batteries, ample storage space, etc.
- Parents will receive an email with some paperwork to complete prior to their artists attending the workshop. Please email email@example.com if you do not receive the paperwork. Paperwork can be printed out and brought to the workshop or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artists will not be able to attend the workshop unless this paperwork is completed.
- Artists must bring a camera! The camera can be a cell phone or a digital camera. Artists do not need to have prior knowledge of how their camera works, however please ensure that the camera or phone is in good working order, has storage space, and is fully charged. Disposable cameras will work in a pinch! Please note that the ACBS is not liable for damage or loss of the artist’s camera or phone.
- Snacks and water will be available during the workshop, but artists should eat a good breakfast before the workshop.
- Artists must wear a mask during the workshop!
- Artists should bring a water bottle, weather appropriate clothing (we suggest layers!), sneakers or hiking boots, and a hat. We ask that artists come already wearing sunscreen and generally ready for the day.