This session will raise awareness of fraud issues in Accounts Payable and examine processes to mitigate the risk associated with Accounts Payable to comply with SOX. It will provide you with the tools you need to establish and maintain strong internal controls that meet Sarbanes-Oxley standards by reducing risk and protecting company assets.
Why should you Attend:
Setting up controls for the purchasing process and analyzing the risk to the financial statements can be a daunting task. Since a large company has to purchase many different items every day, there is a real potential for fraud.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Safeguarding inventory purchasing
- Examining supplier payments
- Reviewing risks associated with payroll and taxes
- Know best practices and types of approvals
- Reviewing repetitive processes
- Understanding the dangers inherent in inter-company payments
- Verifying accruals
- Assess currency issues
- Building and using audit trails
- Financial Managers and Controllers
- CFO’s and other Company Executives
- Accounting and Reporting Managers
- Auditors and staff
- Business and Operations Managers
- Anyone involved in the SOX compliance process
Mike Morley is a Certified Public Accountant who holds the top credit designations in the US, Canada, and the U.K. Mike is a recognized authority in the field of finance with more than 25 years experience in both consumer and commercial credit and collections. An entertaining and informative speaker and trainer, Mike is the author of: “IFRS Simplified”, which provides a jump start for accountants and finance executives who want to quickly and easily get up to date on IFRS. “Sarbanes-Oxley Simplified,” which is an easy-to-read explanation of the requirements of the U.S. legislation that makes CEO's & CFO's personally responsible for the accuracy of their company's financial statements. “Financial Statement Analysis Simplified” which translates the accounting language of financial statements into clear, easy-to-understand terms that anyone who needs to make well-informed financial decisions quickly will appreciate.
NetZealous - Compliance4All,
161 Mission Falls Lane, Suite 216,
Fremont, CA 94539, USA.